Volunteers are the backbone of the Vancouver Hospice Society!
If you wish to volunteer, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Volunteer Application Form (fill it in online)
- Short letter of interest
The VHS is so fortunate to have over 200 volunteers! Those who have taken the Basic Hospice Training may visit clients in their homes, co-facilitate our bereavement programs, or have a shift in a hospital or hospice. A host of other volunteers make our society run: they operate our three charity shops; they plan events; they raise funds to help support our Hospice Home and Programs and Services.
Current volunteer needs are as follows:
- Reception volunteers
- Volunteers skilled in office work/website management
- Volunteers interested in contributing to fundraising efforts/joining a fundraising or event planning committee
- Volunteers for both the HOB Too, and HOB Too Furniture thrift stores on Dunbar street
- Volunteers at special events
- Volunteers willing to do home visits
- Volunteers who speak Cantonese, Tagalog and Punjabi
If you would like to contribute talents to the posts above, your volunteer application may be expedited.
Please note, those who are interested in the Home Hospice Visiting program and who have volunteered in the Hospice will be the first applicants to be considered when Basic Hospice Training is available.
Vancouver Hospice Society loves our Volunteers! We coordinate their good work with the help of VolunteerSpot.com - FREE and easy signups and scheduling save time and make it easy to organize all the people & things that help you make a difference in our communities, leagues and schools. Take a tour today at www.volunteerspot.com